- Hold provisional or full registration with the Psychology Board of Australia and
- Hold a professional Master’s or Doctoral degree in clinical psychology accredited by the body appointed under the current Health Practitioner Regulation National Law Act (2009) and
- Be undertaking, or eligible to undertake, a registrar program for endorsement in clinical psychology
- Certified* copies of any documents listing any change/s of name/s (if relevant) and
- Certified* copies of testamur/s (degree/s) OR certified copy of transcript/s containing itemised subjects demonstrating completion of an accredited post-graduate degree in clinical psychology
(Please note documents will not be returned).
- Certified* copies of any documents listing any change/s of name/s (if relevant)
- A certified* copy of a certificate of Associate Membership of the New Zealand College of Clinical Psychologists
*Applicants must show evidence through documentation certified by a signatory from the list at:
Send documents to: The ACPA Membership Committee | GPO Box 4489 SYDNEY, NSW 2001, Australia.
Please note, membership is valid for 12 months from the date of acceptance of your membership by the ACPA Membership Committee. Renewal notices are sent by email to the address you use as a login for your account when you apply for membership.
Insurance House Group offers complimentary AHPRA compliant Malpractice insurance (includes Professional indemnity, Public and Product liability) for ACPA Associate Members when under the supervision of a qualified clinical psychologist (i.e. holding accredited qualifications in clinical psychology). While you may carry this free insurance as a Student Member, and may continue this as an Associate Member, to validate your complimentary insurance you must upgrade your membership to Associate Member (an upgrade carries no cost). To apply for the complimentary insurance as an Associate Member log into the ACPA website where a button to obtain the insurance insurance is visible. Click on the button and complete the form. Once you submit the form, your insurance with IHG will be confirmed.
To apply for ACPA Associate Membership click on Apply for ACPA Membership in the left-hand side bar and click on Associate Membership and complete the form. To complete your application, you will then need to send your documentation to:
The ACPA Membership Committee
GPO Box 4489
Please do not submit documents via a third party. These will not be accessed by ACPA as this is a means of distributing malware. Please download documents, have them certified as true copies by another professional, and send via email to email@example.com
Please note that processing of Membership applications and changes of Membership category takes up to three weeks once all documents are received