The only referral service provided by ACPA is through the Find a Clinical Psychologist Directory. ACPA cannot provide referral details in response to telephone calls, emails or requests submitted on this page. All members listed on the Find a Clinical Psychologist Directory meet the standard qualifications for endorsement by the Psychology Board of Australia. Not all endorsed clinical psychologists hold these qualifications.
If you are interested in becoming or registering as a clinical psychologist in Australia the information you need is provided by the Psychology Board of Australia at: www.psychologyboard.gov.au
If you wish to determine the qualifications of a psychologist or clinical psychologist go to www.psychologyboard.gov.au and search the Registers of Practitioners by name, state and the profession of psychology. Click on View Details to view the practitioner’s qualifications and to determine if they are endorsed as a clinical psychologist. Please note that not all endorsed clinical psychologists hold the qualifications now required by the Board for endorsement. ACPA members do hold these qualifications.
If you have a concern or complaint about the professional conduct of, or treatment by a psychologist the appropriate body to contact is the Psychology Board of Australia at: www.psychologyboard.gov.au. ACPA is not able to assist with these matters.
If you are interested in finding information about accredited programs in psychology in Australia go to: the website at: http://www.psychologycouncil.org.au/ APAC
APAC is currently deemed under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law as the accrediting body for programs in psychology.
The Australian Clinical Psychology Association is NOT able to provide information regarding:
- Members of the profession other than that found through the Find a Clinical Psychologist Directory on the website
- Registration requirements: www.psychologyboard.gov.au
- Evaluation of qualifications for endorsement: www.psychologyboard.gov.au
- Accredited courses in psychology: http://www.psychologycouncil.org.au/ APAC
- Training requirements to become a clinical psychologist in Australia: www.psychologyboard.gov.au
- Internships or employment. ACPA does not provide information on or offer internships or employment for trainees or psychologists.
Policy Requests / Suggestions
Members who wish to make a formal policy request/suggestion for the Board’s consideration please download a request form.
For enquiries related only to ACPA please complete and submit the form below.
Please note: The only referral service provided by ACPA is through the Find a Clinical Psychologist Directory. ACPA will not respond to requests for referrals through the form below.