- Hold an accredited university professional Master’s or Doctoral degree in clinical psychology and be registered to practise as a clinical psychologist in the country in which the degree was awarded, according to the regulations and guidelines of that country.
- Have trained in Australia and met the requirements for Full Membership criteria of ACPA before locating overseas.
- Clinical psychologists registered with the New Zealand Psychologists Board who are not members of the NZCCP are eligible to join ACPA as an international affiliate member. NZCCP members are permitted to join into the membership category they hold with NZCCP.
- Certified* copies of any documents listing any change/s of name/s (if relevant)
- Copy of current Registration or License to practise as a clinical psychologist.
- Certified* copies of testamur/s (degree/s). Overseas qualifications require full academic transcripts(please note documents will not be returned)
*Applicants must show evidence through documentation certified by a signatory from the list at:
Send documents to: The ACPA Membership Committee | GPO Box 4489 SYDNEY, NSW 2001, Australia.
Please note, membership is valid for 12 months from the date of acceptance of your membership by the ACPA Membership Committee. Renewal notices are sent by email to the address you use as a login for your account when you apply for membership.
To apply for ACPA International Affiliate Membership click on Apply for ACPA Membership in the left hand side bar and click on International Affiliate Membership and complete the form. To complete your application you will then need to send your documentation to:
The ACPA Membership Committee
GPO Box 4489
Please do not submit documents via a third party. These will not be accessed by ACPA as this is a means of distributing malware. Please download documents, have them certified as true copies by another professional, and send via email to email@example.com
Please note that processing of Membership applications and changes of Membership category takes up to three weeks once all documents are received