- To promote international standards for clinical psychology in Australia.
- To provide ongoing education and training.
- To promote competence and ethical practice.
- To support research in clinical psychology.
- To foster the development of new members of the profession.
- To liaise, advocate for, represent, and promote benefits for ACPA members.
- To tender advice to institutions involved in the training and education of clinical psychologists on matters relevant to such training and education of clinical psychologists.
- To liaise, advocate for, represent, and promote the benefits of qualified clinical psychologists to the public.
- To enter into any such financial arrangements as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of all ACPA’s objectives.