- Hold provisional or full registration with the Psychology Board of Australia and
- Be enrolled in a professional Master’s or Doctoral degree in clinical psychology accredited by the body appointed under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law Act (2009) or
- Be enrolled in a full-time clinical psychology PhD, either independently or as part of an accredited combined Master/PhD program.
- Certified* copies of any documents listing any change/s of name/s (if relevant) and
- EITHER: Proof of enrolment in an accredited post-graduate clinical psychology degree (e.g. a copy of your transcript downloaded from the university website, a letter or email from the Director of your university postgraduate program declaring your enrolment, or any verifiable document proof of enrolment.
- Proof of full time enrolment in a PhD in clinical psychology (e.g. a copy of your transcript downloaded from the university website, a letter or email from the Director of Research declaring your enrolment, or any verifiable document proof of enrolment.
- A certified* copy of a certificate of Student Membership of the New Zealand College of Clinical Psychologists.
* For certification: applicants must have their documentation certified as true copies by a signatory from the list at: http://www.ag.gov.au/Publications/Pages/Statutorydeclarationsignatorylist.aspx Please note, this is not necessarily a Justice of the Peace.
Send documents to: The ACPA Membership Committee | GPO Box 4489 SYDNEY, NSW 2001, Australia.
Please note, membership is valid for 12 months from the date of acceptance of your membership by the ACPA Membership Committee. Renewal notices are sent by email to the address you use as a login for your account when you apply for membership.
Insurance House Group offers complimentary AHPRA compliant Malpractice insurance (includes Professional indemnity, Public and Product liability) for ACPA Student Members enrolled in a Master or Doctor of Clinical Psychology degree, or a PhD as part of a combined Master/PhD degree. This complimentary insurance is not offered to Student Members undertaking a stand-alone PhD. For those eligible, the insurance covers work undertaken outside your program of study that is supervised by a clinical psychologist holding accredited post-graduate qualifications in clinical psychology, and approved by the Psychology Board of Australia. It is also able to cover supervised placements and clinical research work within your degree where this is supervised by a clinical psychologist holding accredited post-graduate qualifications in clinical psychology.
To obtain the complimentary insurance you must be a Student Member of ACPA and enrolled in an accredited post-graduate degree in clinical psychology. To apply for the free insurance log into the ACPA website where a button for the free insurance is visible. Click on the button and complete the form. Once you submit the form, your insurance with IHG will be confirmed.
Student Membership is free. There is no application fee for students.
To apply for ACPA Student Membership click on Apply for ACPA Membership in the left-hand side bar and click on Student Membership and complete the form. To complete your application, you will then need to send your documentation to:
The ACPA Membership Committee
GPO Box 4489
SYDNEY NSW 2001
Please do not submit documents via a third party. These will not be accessed by ACPA as this is a means of distributing malware. Please download documents, have them certified as true copies by another professional, and send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that processing of Membership applications and changes of Membership category takes up to three weeks once all documents are received