Clinical psychology is a vital part of mental health service provision to the public. ACPA recognises the requirement for clinical psychology in Australia to meet the highest contemporary, internationally recognised standards and actively works to achieve this for the benefit of the public and our members.
ACPA provides and promotes ongoing training and learning of best practices within clinical psychology and other mental health professions to enhance services provided to the public.
ACPA supports recognition of clinical psychology as a clearly identifiable area of expertise in mental health and works to gain specialist recognition for clinical psychologists with internationally aligned accredited post-graduate, in order for this expertise to be identified.
ACPA advocates to government, professional and academic organisations, other health professions, and the public about standards of mental health practice. ACPA also aims to promote to these bodies the benefits provided by the expertise of qualified clinical psychologists.
- Complimentary Professional Insurance from Insurance House Group for Student & Associate Members
- Open access clinical psychology e-Journal
- Clinically oriented CPD events and resources
- Operated by and for qualified clinical psychologists
- Identification as a qualified clinical psychologist
- Collegial Member Listserv
- Annual Student Prize
- Free Online Master Therapist Videos
- Reduced rates for clinical CPD events
- Mentoring Program for new members of the profession
- Access to excellent Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Member Forum resources for CPD practice
- Find a Supervisor Directory
- Find a Clinical Psychologist Directory
- Free EBSCO Online Journal access
- Free Student Membership