Requirements for International Affiliate Membership
To be eligible for International Affiliate Membership of ACPA you must:
- Hold an accredited university professional Master's or Doctoral degree in clinical psychology and be registered to practise as a clinical psychologist in the country in which the degree was awarded, according to the regulations and guidelines of that country OR
- Have trained in Australia and met the requirements for Full Membership criteria of ACPA before locating overseas
Clinical Psychologists registered in New Zealand:
If you hold membership of the New Zealand College of Clinical
Psychologists (NZCCP), you are entitled to apply for membership of ACPA in the membership category equivalent to your membership category of the NZCCP. If you are not a member of the NZCCP but are registered with the New Zealand Psychologists Board, you are eligible to apply to join ACPA as an International Member, subject to meeting the requirements set out above.
Supporting documents required for International Affiliate Membership:
- Certified copies of any documents listing any change/s of name/s (if relevant) and
- Copy of current Registration or License to practise as a clinical psychologist and
- Certified copies of testamur/s (degree/s). Overseas qualifications require full academic transcripts.
Apply for International Affiliate Membership
Click here to apply for International Affiliate Membership of ACPA
. Documents can be submitted electronically during the application process, or forwarded within 4 weeks via email, or in hard copy to the ACPA Office.