Requirements for Student Membership
To be eligible for Student Membership of ACPA you must:
- Hold provisional or full registration with the Psychology Board of Australia and
- Hold a professional Master’s or Doctoral degree in clinical psychology accredited by the body appointed under the current Health Practitioner Regulation National Law Act (2009) or
- Be enrolled in a full-time clinical psychology PhD, either independently or as part of an accredited combined Master/PhD program.
Student Members of the New Zealand College of Clinical Psychologists (NZCCP):
Student Membership of the New Zealand College of Clinical
Psychologists (NZCCP) is recognised by ACPA as meeting the requirements
for Student Membership in ACPA. NZCCP members are entitled to all
membership privileges associated with their membership category in ACPA.
Supporting documents required for Student Membership:
Copies of any documents listing any change/s of name/s (if relevant) and
- Proof of enrolment in an accredited post-graduate clinical psychology degree (e.g. a copy of your transcript downloaded from the university website, a letter or email from the Director of your university postgraduate program declaring your enrolment, or any verifiable document proof of enrolment) OR
- Proof of full time enrolment in a PhD in clinical psychology (e.g. a copy of your transcript downloaded from the university website, a letter or email from the Director of Research declaring your enrolment, or any verifiable document proof of enrolment
Complimentary Professional Insurance
Insurance House Group offers complimentary AHPRA-compliant professional insurance (includes professional indemnity, public liability, and goods sold and supplied insurance) for ACPA Student Members.
Please note that you must apply separately for this complimentary insurance once your ACPA Student Membership has been approved. Simply becoming an ACPA Student Member does not automatically provide insurance coverage. Note also that this complimentary insurance is valid for one year. If after 12 months you are still eligible, you can re-apply for another year of complimentary insurance. Please see the complimentary insurance page for full details on eligibility and how to apply.
Apply for Student Membership
Click here to apply for Student Membership of ACPA
. Documents can be submitted electronically during the application process, or forwarded within 4 weeks via email, or in hard copy to the ACPA Office.